I am a well-qualified psychotherapist with 28 years’ experience working with children, young people, young adults and families, including 19 years working for the National Health Service’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAHMS). I have also worked with adult clients for many years.
What I offer:
- Children and adolescents: Psychotherapeutic work
- Young Adults: Psychotherapeutic work
- Adults: I work from a psychoanalytic perspective. I have recently entered a period of advanced Psychoanalytic Training at Severnside Institute. As part of this training I offer reduced fee places.
- Advice and guidance to parents
- Supervision and consultation to professionals.
Many thanks for helping our daughter find her way and gain a greater understanding of her needs and who she is. (Parent of a teenager in their mid-teens)
I just thought I would write and say how valuable your advice has been in improving our families’ wellbeing. Everything seems much more on par now. My son is now spending the majority of time away from home, living with friends. He is even going to take up residence at the place he is doing his course. I am eternally grateful for all your help and support. (Mother of young adult)
A number of years ago I set up in private practice and work from a comfortable therapeutic space in the Claines/Barbourne area of Worcester.
I am experienced in working with a wide range of difficulties. These include emotional difficulties like low mood, stress and anxiety to more serious difficulties including depression, serious problems with aggression, insomnia and eating disorders. I also work with difficulties with behaviour.
I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you for helping my daughter with her feelings towards her friends. She is in a much better and calmer place and opens up her feelings to me and her dad, which is bringing us closer. Once again thank you. (Mother of a latency child).
Emotional problems including:
• Low mood and depression
• Attachment difficulties
• Emotional, physical and sexual abuse
• Low confidence or self esteem
• Anger problems
Behavioural problems including:
• Bedwetting and day wetting (encopresis)
• Soiling (enuresis)
• Oppositional behaviour
• Underachieving at school
• Eating problems and disorders
• Making and keeping friends
• Sleep difficulties